FlightView Adds Itinerary Management and Global Flight Coverage to its iPhone Travel App and Flight-Tracking Website
FlightView 3.0 delivers the most requested features by users and cements its position as the go-to source for day-of-travel information
BOSTON (July 17, 2013) —FlightView, the preferred flight-tracking source of air travelers, has added two major features to its website and top-ranked iPhone travel apps: itinerary management and international flight coverage. The new functionality complements FlightView's recently-launched user profiles, which were rolled out earlier this year.
With the upgrades, FlightView is now the only flight-tracking provider that synchronizes real-time flight information across mobile devices and its traditional website. The expanded international data -- a popular customer request -- offers coverage for nearly 90 percent of all airline seats in the world. Together, these new capabilities make FlightView the most comprehensive flight-tracking app on the market. Additional updates and new functionality in FlightView 3.0 include:
- Automatic uploading of trip itineraries to profiles with no manual entry. Flights are automatically added to a user's profile by forwarding itinerary confirmation emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accessible trip information and user profiles across multiple devices. Travelers can edit their profiles and trips on one FlightView property (like FlightView.com or their tablet) and see the changes on a different property, like the iPhone. The app continues to make it easy to share itinerary information with friends and family through Facebook, Twitter, email and SMS text.
- Personal profiles for more organized, easy-to-access information. Travelers can create profiles, choose a preferred airline and select a home airport for localized information.
"We're making it easier than ever before for travelers -- and the people picking them up -- to manage and access flight information with our new cross-device information sync," said Mike Benjamin, CEO of FlightView. "Travelers can now add and manage trip details via a desktop website, and then access the information on-the-go via their mobile app."
Downloaded by more than two million users, FlightView’s app is an essential day-of-travel tool for mobile users. The latest upgrade is already a hit with iPhone users; recent consumer reviews include:
- “Loved the app before but being able to email itinerary to populate My Trips makes it even better! Is there a 6th star?”
- “Love the new feature. I forwarded my itinerary that I received from my airline to FlightView and it populated it right into the My Trips section. No more manually inputting my trips! Excellent!”
- “Best app ever! Always has the latest info! Even before the airlines!! Must use!!”
"The millions of travelers that rely on FlightView each year have made it clear that they want more flight coverage, in more markets, and accessible across more devices," said Benjamin. "All of our mobile development efforts are singularly focused on giving our customers what they need to have a more enjoyable and informed travel experience."
Click here for more information on setting up a profile, or download FlightView 3.0 on the iPhone or iPad. FlightView expects to roll out itinerary management for Android apps later this summer. For more information, visit FlightView.com
FlightView is the recognized provider of the most accurate, real-time flight information solutions for the aviation and travel industries. FlightView's Dispatch and FVXML products help aviation and travel professionals achieve superior customer service with actionable real-time information. FlightView's information displays can be seen at airport terminals and on the Web sites of the largest major airports, airline and travel companies. FlightView's software services and solutions are relied upon by the US government, the world's largest airlines, airports, aviation and travel professionals, ground transportation companies and news outlets. Founded in 1981, and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, FlightView has more than 20 years of experience in building and supporting mission critical systems for the FAA and the Volpe Center. To access real-time flight information online, visit FlightView Flight Tracker or FlightView Mobile Flight Tracker.
VP of Marketing