FlightView's Top 10 Ways To Make Holiday Travel Easier
Accurate, Actionable Information Gives Time and Peace of Mind to Air Travelers and their Families
BOSTON (November 18, 2008) As passengers embark on this year's holiday travel rush, FlightView shares its 1st annual Top 10 List of ways travelers can better navigate the not-so-friendly skies.
Here are the 10 ways that the industry's most accurate and actionable real-time flight information - now available via mobile devices, online and at the airport - makes holiday travel more tolerable for both passengers and those meeting them at the airport:
- #10: Grandma and Grandpa can follow the grandkids' flights online instead of calling every 10 minutes when the flight is delayed.
- #9: No long waits in the remote and creepy cell phone lot.
- #8: No need to rush to the other side of the airport, because you know that your connecting flight has already left.
- #7: Meeting new friends at security, the gate and on the tarmac because everyone thinks you've got inside information.
- #6: Tracking your kids' flight and not worrying because you'll know when they've arrived.
- #5: Changing your flight before anyone else even realizes the flight's been cancelled.
- #4: The satisfaction that comes with knowing that you know more than the gate agent.
- #3: Serenely checking on your connecting flight while you're waiting for 524 other flyers scrambling to deplane in front of you.
- #2: No more interminable circling of the airport waiting for your friends to get to the curbside for pick-up.
- #1: Keeping the peace at home this holiday season because no one has to hang around the airport waiting for passengers to arrive on a flight that hasn't even taken off yet.
"It's been a tough year all around between surcharges, reduced schedules and nasty weather," said Michael Benjamin, CEO of FlightView. "This list comes straight from our customers' experiences, who have found that information they can trust gives them a sense of control - that's a great gift at this time of year."
FlightView is the recognized provider of the most accurate, real-time flight information solutions for the aviation and travel industries. FlightView's Dispatch and FVXML products help aviation and travel professionals achieve superior customer service with actionable real-time information. FlightView's information displays can be seen at airport terminals and on the Web sites of the largest major airports, airline and travel companies. FlightView's software services and solutions are relied upon by the US government, the world's largest airlines, airports, aviation and travel professionals, ground transportation companies and news outlets. Founded in 1981, and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, FlightView has more than 20 years of experience in building and supporting mission critical systems for the FAA and the Volpe Center. To access real-time flight information online, visit FlightView Flight Tracker or FlightView Mobile Flight Tracker.
VP of Marketing