Valentine's Day and President's Day Travel - What You Need to Know
Savvy Travelers use Real-time Flight Information
BOSTON (February 11, 2009) - FlightView, the trusted resource of real-time flight information, offers five real-time tips for travel during the upcoming holiday weekend.
- #1 Valentine's Day travel may be your best bet: February 14, 2008 had a 71% on-time rate. Since traveling on Saturdays and Sundays are usually better - hop on that flight on Valentine's Day this year.
- #2 Have your loved ones track you from any device: There's been a 17% increase in folks tracking flights since last year. Mobile.flightview.com detects which mobile device is being used and displays the appropriate version.
- #3 Enjoy President's Day and fly the day after: President's Day 2008 had a 64% on-time rate, while waiting that extra day saw a 76% on-time rate.
- #4 Expect the unexpected: The majority of delays in February are directly due to weather. Anyone remember the ice storm of 2007?
- #5 Travel armed with information: Real-time information is powering the new traveler. Expect to see a significant increase in travelers accessing information this travel season.
"Real-time information is powering the new traveler's mind-set," said Michael Benjamin, CEO of FlightView. "As the number of travelers is projected to drop for 2009, the passengers getting onto today's flights are savvier. They aren't only accessing information - they're figuring out how to use it."
FlightView is the recognized provider of the most accurate, real-time flight information solutions for the aviation and travel industries. FlightView's Dispatch and FVXML products help aviation and travel professionals achieve superior customer service with actionable real-time information. FlightView's information displays can be seen at airport terminals and on the Web sites of the largest major airports, airline and travel companies. FlightView's software services and solutions are relied upon by the US government, the world's largest airlines, airports, aviation and travel professionals, ground transportation companies and news outlets. Founded in 1981, and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, FlightView has more than 20 years of experience in building and supporting mission critical systems for the FAA and the Volpe Center. To access real-time flight information online, visit FlightView Flight Tracker or FlightView Mobile Flight Tracker.
VP of Marketing